Monday, August 4, 2014

The Weekend & Johnie's French Toast

 What does a middle-age couple do to make the weekends creative?
I will show you.....
Come on, come with me and walk through our exciting weekend.
 It started with Friday watching Friskie resist the urge to pounce on that squirrel.
I had some leftover popcorn from the drive-in last weekend.
And instead of throwing it in the trash I dumped it for the squirrels.
Actually I did that just to irritate Friskie. 
Don't tell him I said that though.
 Then on Saturday, the cool cat that Friskie is, he was telling us,
"Get on your bike and ride. If you're not going to I will."
You are just so slick Friskie cat!
It was kind of rainy and gloomy Saturday so Johnie took advantage
and rested up the whole day.
 Because Friday evening we decided to act like teenagers.
We do that sometimes since we go way back to high school days.
But there was a thirty year break where we didn't see each other.
We were busy living our lives as they should be lived.
Until we meet again.
There are a lot of times when I see that teenage boy that I so well remember.
And I'm sure Johnie can do the same with me.
But when we turn on our teenage reminiscing sometimes we don't know
when to stop.....
Friday night we played pool and dipped into the rum just a little too much.
It went on into the wee hours of Saturday morning.
That may explain Johnie's hibernating on Saturday.
The broken mirror is the proof that we need to grow up......
Not for long, just for a little bit.
The door mirror was being used as a score card.
Yeah, we use a dry-erase marker to keep score of who wins.
Need I say more? 
 So Sunday morning Johnie bounced back to life.
We decided to be that middle-age couple again.
He turned on the charm and cooked me breakfast.
Is that a, "Sorry I was so out of it Saturday" proposition?
Only Johnie knows.....
But I will leave it alone because I really enjoyed his breakfast.
I don't want to spoil a good thing.
 What did he have going on on the stove?
Take a look.
It's French Toast.
And very good French Toast at that.
I had a hard time getting all that down.
But I managed.
Not hard to do when it is so good.
I can't wait to see what we get into next weekend......

Johnie's French Toast

This is what he did:

8 eggs
1 TBS cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 TBS sugar
Whip this all together with a fork and then add,
1 c. milk
Whip with fork again.
He used a cast iron griddle to cook the French toast. Make sure you start with a well heated skillet over med/high heat.
Dip the bread pieces into egg mixture and place on skillet. When it's brown on one side you flip it over to the other.
Serve with butter and maple syrup.

See ya'all later


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.