Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Orleans Pecan Praline Brownies

 Since Johnie spent some time living in Louisiana I thought this recipe
would be fitting to create for him.
Did you kind of sing that intro?
"I spent last night in the arms of a girl in Louisiana"......Garth Brooks

Just look at that layer of praline.
That's a whole lot of sweet right there.
 The inspiration for this recipe came from 
One thing that I did find out; 
When the recipe calls for a certain size pan.....USE IT!!
I wanted my brownie to be thicker so I used a smaller pan.
Which in turn caused my praline to be very thick.
But if you like praline you will love these brownies.
To toast my pecans, I put them on a cookie sheet and baked 
them in a 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes.

I sent this recipe over to The Weekend Potluck. They always have
tons of great recipes. Make sure you give them a visit. 
A perfect way to plan your weekly menu.
Just go click'n.....

New Orleans Pecan Praline Brownies

1 box brownie mix to fit a 9x13 pan (family size).
Mix according to directions and stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cool completely

Praline:
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
6 TBS butter
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans, toasted
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Add cream, butter, and brown sugar to a medium sized saucepan. Heat to boiling and boil for about 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat, let cool 5 minutes. Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla, and toasted pecans.
Spread over completely cooled brownies. Allow to cool for 45 minutes before cutting.

If you visit Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom she has a great tip for cutting the brownies so you don't crack the praline. That way your brownies won't look all messy like mine. But they still eat the same.....

And since you now have the recipe for praline don't be afraid to use to top cookies, cakes, ice cream, or wherever your heart desires some praline.

See ya'all soon


2 comments:

  1. WOW! Recipe looks awesome and I was sooo surprised to see YOU here! Congrats on a new blog - how fun! This recipe looks mouth-watering. I would LOVE it, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing at Weekend Potluck. We'd love it if you'd link back (this kind of recipe is definitely feature-worthy=). Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long time since I've been able to blog and share.....I updated my post with your party link. I know it should be like riding a horse, but I haven't been involved for such a long time. I'm sure I will get back into the swing of things. Johnie loves to cook just as much as I do. I thought we could do a blog together and make it fun.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.