Monday, August 25, 2014

A Bunch of Drunk'n Potatoes and a Product Review

 I don't know about you,
but I love roasted red potatoes.
My favorite way is roasted with just a seasoning of salt and pepper.
But I have found a new way to roast my red potatoes.
I get them drunk first.
 I prepared my potatoes at lunch time.
I cut them in wedges and covered them in a mixture of white wine and Lime-A-Rita.
I left them sit and soak until it was time to prepare dinner.
 Just make sure they are completely covered with the alcoholic liquid. 
 When I was ready to prepare them I dumped them into a calendar in the sink.
I almost shed a tear when I heard that liquid go down the drain......
While they were in the calendar I seasoned them with 
Johnny's seasoned sea salt and crushed black pepper. 
I tossed them around so they would get coated really good.
 I lined a baking sheet with foil.
Make sure you spray the foil with cooking spray.
I placed the wedges in a single layer and drizzled just a bit of olive oil.
 I baked them in a 400 degree F. oven for 20-30 minutes.
As you can see they got nice and brown.
 For the product review:
I was shopping at Aldi's again....
I ran across this Crispy Tempura Chicken.
With it just being Johnie and I here to eat, this size bag was perfect.
I don't care how hard you try, 
the food that is prepared out of those bags never looks like the photo cover.
But just to let you know,
This chicken was very good.
A great item for quick fix.
Just a little zing with the red pepper flakes.
It was a perfect match to add with the drunk'n potatoes.

See ya'all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.