Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Man Pleasing Chicken & The Weekend

This last weekend was very quiet.
Can you believe that we did not go anywhere?
Okay, we made a quick trip to the grocery store,
which lead to forgotten groceries,
that I had to retrieve the next day,
only adding more items to the forgotten ones......
We are suckers for grocery stores.
And our addiction is food.
But you wouldn't know that about us, right?

The whole entire weekend was about R&R.
We spent it all in front of Netflix.
We watched some really good movies over the weekend.
The best one out of them all was,
"October Baby"
A true tear jerker.
And there were some oldies involved too.
"Grease"
and
"Ghost"
Most women would have to pull teeth to get 
their men to watch these kind of movies.
I (Angie) am a lucky one.
Johnie and I pretty much agree on the same types of movies.

Now onto this fabulous chicken....
 Man Pleasing Chicken?
I thought men were steak & tater eaters?
 But after making this I can clearly see were a man would love it.
It has a sweet and spicy tang to it that men love.
It is very easy to make too.
So all you men out there,
make sure you grab up this recipe.
You could even put this together for the sweet lady in your life.
Maybe call it:
Man Pleasing a Woman Chicken
The inspiration for this recipe came from
Give her a visit if you are after the original recipe.
I dressed mine up a little differently.
This is what I did:
Man Pleasing Chicken

3 med. red potatoes chopped in small pieces
2 green onions chopped (tops included)
1/2 c. dijon mustard
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 TBS rice vinegar
5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Fresh rosemary

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
I lined a casserole dish with foil. Place chopped potatoes and onion in the bottom of the dish. Lay the chicken thighs on top of potatoes. Mix up the sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken. Bake for 40 minutes. Half way through I moved things around a bit and rotated the dish. Mine took a little longer because I wanted the chicken to darken more (about 45-50 minutes). Fresh rosemary can be sprinkled on the top when removed from oven. Let it rest 5 minutes before serving.

If you are looking for a more saucy dish you can increase the sauce amounts (maybe by 1/4). With the potatoes on the bottom I may just do that next time. And there will be a next time. This stuff was fantastic.

I served it over a bed of white rice flavored with chicken seasoning. For the side I served California blend veggies.

See ya'all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.