Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dark Chocolate Raisinet Chicken Salad

 This is one of those recipes that I'm going to have to do my
best to put together for you.
This came about when I hit one of those 10 for $10.00 bins.
The bin was piled high with dark chocolate raisinets.
One of my favorite candies.
They are low in calories and you still get the satisfaction
of something sweet.
 And you guessed it right.
I put dark chocolate raisins in my chicken salad.
There are so many chicken salad recipes out there that call
for something sweet.
Sometimes it's grapes,
apples,
pineapple,
raisins,
etc....
But has anyone ever placed chocolate in chicken salad?
I would have to do a Google search on that.
But hopefully I am the only one that has created this.
I went to the kitchen and just started dumping.....
But I took the time to write everything down.
Why?
Because I love you all.
And I just know you will love this chicken salad.

Dark Chocolate Raisinet Chicken Salad

2-12.5 oz. cans of chicken, drained
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped fine
1 celery heart stalk, chopped fine
2 green onions, sliced thin, tops included
1/3 c. dark chocolate raisinets
1/4 c. toasted pecan pieces (to toast: place on foil lined baking sheet. place in a 400 degree F. oven for 10-15 minutes)

Mix all of these ingredients in a medium size bowl.

Dressing:

1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. mayo
crushed black pepper

Mix together and pour over the chicken ingredients. Stir well.

Toasted pretzel buns:

4 mini pretzel buns cut in half. Butter the cut sides. Place buttered cut sides up on a foil lined baking sheet. Place in a 400 degree oven. Toast until edges are brown (maybe 8 minutes). You can do this while you're toasting the pecans. Just keep an eye on them. You don't want the edges to burn.

See Ya'all Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.