Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Chicken Noodle Soup & The Weekend

 Johnie and I went to a Halloween party on Saturday.
One of the best parties I've ever been to.
 Everyone was very friendly and EVERYONE showed up
in costume.
 Johnie and I went as King Kong and Jane.
You should have seen us Saturday afternoon frantically running all
over Marion to put these costumes together.
Johnie already had his costume, but he was in search of gorilla feet.
My costume was totally Goodwill.
I found a long sleeve white blouse that we ripped the sleeves off of
and tore holes in it.
Johnie used the grill to smear the shirt with black.
"I hope they don't have dogs. I'm going to totally smell like steak."
The skirt was brown and we shredded the bottom of it.
We went to three different places to try and find a blond color
spray-in dye for my hair.
Which didn't turn out as I planned.
The spray turned my hair copper instead of blond.
But we had a great time.

I think it was the party that lead to chicken noodle soup.
You know how parties go.....
The shot glass was passed freely.
 By Monday at noon I had the symptoms of flu.
I spent the whole entire day wrapped up in a big fuzzy blanket.
I was shivering and couldn't get warm.
And yes, 
Although I hate to do it I had to miss work.
I didn't want to take my germs and spread them to everyone else.
Tuesday morning I woke up like I had just stepped out of the shower.
Sweat it out!
That's a good sign.
But I felt like every single rib on my left side was broke.
So I made myself some comfort food and spent the day on the couch again.
 I kind of cheated with this soup.
I used canned chicken instead of the real thing.
But it was super good and hit the spot.
This is what I did in a quickness.
Chicken Noodle Soup

6 c. water
4 TBS chicken soup base
2 large carrots, sliced
3 celery heart stalks, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tsp - 1 TBS dried Thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Bring to a boil. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until veggies are tender.

Add:
2-10 oz. cans chicken, undrained
Bring back to a boil.

Add:
1 1/2 c. uncooked Priano Pipe Rigate (found at Aldi's)
Boil for 9-11 minutes.

See Ya'all Soon


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.