Monday, October 20, 2014

Balsamic Wilted Spinach with Tuna

 Are you tired of the same old sides?
The same old veggie that takes up that tiny space on your plate?
Are you a spinach lover?
 Per the FDA, veggies are supposed to take up the biggest space on our plates.
I made some Potato Encrusted Cod and wanted a side to go with it.
And since this was lunch for me I wanted something lite.
Something without a lot of calories.
I had a 9 oz. bag of spinach in my refrigerator
that I wanted to slip into a chicken lasagna.
Perfect!!
You know how plans go, right?
Sometimes at the spur of the moment they change.
My spinach plans changed.
This is what I did to turn the spinach into the perfect side for my fish.

Balsamic Wilted Spinach with Tuna

1-5 oz. can tuna in water, undrained
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
lots of crushed black pepper
1-9 oz. bag fresh baby spinach

Place tuna, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer and add spinach. Stir. Cover and simmer until spinach is wilted.

See Ya'all Soon


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.