Monday, February 22, 2016

Hummus Deviled Eggs

 I have created something wonderful.
And everyone loved them.
The next holiday is Easter,
so make sure you save this idea.
 I don't have an exact recipe because when it comes to 
deviled eggs, I just dump.
I use the norm:
mustard
spicy brown mustard
mayo (and with the hummus you can cut back)
hot sauce
horseradish sauce
celery salt
salt 
pepper
and now the new ingredient, hummus.
This is what I used to flavor my deviled eggs.
It is a single serve size that came in a box of 12.
Also, it is edamame instead of garbanzo beans, or chick peas.
I like the edamame hummus better because it does not have the chalky texture.

I boiled up 12 eggs, and used three containers of this hummus to the yolk mixture.
And like I said earlier, by using the hummus you can cut back on the mayo.
Another plus with using the hummus,
It increases the amount you can put in each egg half. 
As you can see, my eggs were bursting with the yolk goodness.

I like a spicy deviled egg with a bite.
Some people like them sweet.
I top each of mine with a jalapeno slice and paprika.  

See Ya'all Soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.