Monday, April 11, 2016

A Twist on Mexican Rice

 Whelp,
Since I haven't been here for a while 
I'm going to start this post with a cute highchair sleeping baby.
Is there anything more cute?
Now that you are done going OOOOO, AAHHHHH
we can move on to the Twist on Mexican Rice.
 We are all trying to eat healthier, better ingredients, low calories,
right?
I know, I am.
I have made the switch to all organic produce.
Once I do some more research on meats I will add organic meats 
into my diet also.
Just by switching to organic produce,
I feel better
I have more energy,
food digests better,
I've lost weight (not much, but some),
and I'm in an all around better mood daily.
Our bodies were not created to digest chemicals, and preservatives.
Now that I have switched, there is no way I can ever go back to eating
plastic, fake, no nutrition, no flavor at all produce.
 The twist on this Mexican rice is,
I used ground chicken in place of ground beef.
Was it just as good?
It was better!
 As I went along creating this I jotted down everything I put in it.
Now all I have to do is put it in recipe form for you.
This makes a fantastic side dish.

A Twist on Mexican Rice

1 lb. ground chicken
1 c. rice (not instant)
1/2 of a green pepper (chopped)
1/2 of a medium sized onion (chopped)
Add about a TBS of olive oil to a deep skillet. Heat over medium heat. Once olive oil is heated add all four ingredients listed above. Brown all of them together until chicken is done.
Add:
1 TBS oregano
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Stir together well.
Add:
2 c. chicken broth
1 can chili beans (un-drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (un-drained. I used seasoned tomatoes)
Bring to a boil, turn down heat to low, cover with lid, and simmer for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.