Monday, April 25, 2016

Easy Pineapple Cobbler


I was Pinteresting......
You know what that is right?
I know you know, because you do the same thing.
I am not alone here people.
But as I was Pinteresting I ran across a recipe
called Tropical Cake.
After I put my own twist on it I realized that
this dessert is not worthy of the name CAKE.
It is nowhere near CAKE consistency.
So in my tiny little mind cobbler kept knocking.
This is definitely a cobbler.
A very good cobbler.

This is what I did.

Pineapple Cobbler

1 can pineapple chunks
1 can crushed pineapple
Drain both and reserve juice
1/3 c. pineapple juice
1 small jar maraschino cherries
1 1/2 c. flaked sweet coconut
3 stick unsalted butter
1 box yellow cake mix

Melt 1 stick butter in a 13x9 cake pan in a preheated 350 degree oven. Place it in the oven for about 5-8 minutes. Or you can just keep checking to see if it is melted.
Mix the pineapple juice, pineapple, and cherries in the melted butter. Sprinkle the cake mix (do not prepare cake as package directs) over the pineapple. Sprinkle the coconut on top of the cake mix. Slice two sticks of butter in equal sized squares (use the marks on the butter paper) and lay on top of the coconut.
Place in oven for 60 minutes turning the pan 1/4 turn every 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.