Monday, July 11, 2016

Portuguese Sausage Sauce

 One question I often ask myself is,
Why do you make things harder for yourself?
During the summer months Johnie and I tend to be very busy.
We spend the summer months traveling on the motorcycle
whenever we get a chance, and we also use the warm weather
months to do our family visiting. 
So the blog tends to be neglected.
Oh, we still cook and take photos of our creations.
But I, the information provider.
I tend to let things sit.
Procrastinate.
I know you know what I'm talking about.
And then when I find time to post I have to weed through
all the photos, note pads, and Pinterest.
It's kind of like putting a jig-saw puzzle together
with no shapes.....
I put together this sauce not to long ago. 
I was in search of a pasta sauce recipe that called for chorizo.
I headed to my favorite recipe finder....Pinterest.
But I wasn't happy with the recipes I found.
So what I did was, I pieced together many recipes to 
come up with this one.

Portuguese Sausage Sauce

I had about a pound and a half of bulk Mexican Chorizo.
I cooked the chorizo in about two TBS of olive oil.
Added 3 cloves chopped garlic
3 green onions, tops included, chopped
3 celery hearts, chopped fine
1/2 c. chopped fresh mushrooms
I left the veggies cook with the meat until glassy/tender.
I added a jar of good quality marinara
Brought it to a low simmer and added 3/4 c. of heavy cream.
I left it simmer until heated through.
Then I added 1/3 c. chopped parsley before serving over pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.