Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pickled Eggs & Beets, Plus the Weekend

 Of course we cannot let a weekend go by without hitting the pool table.
We have moved our pool playing night to Saturday.
With Johnie and I working different shifts we just don't see each other.
By the time my shift ends on Friday Johnie is already in bed fast asleep.
 Sunday we got a visit from Johnie's mom (the sweet lady in the red).
She lives two hours north and came to Marion to visit family.
 We all met at Ryan's and pigged-out on the buffet.
Johnie was running the camera.
 Someone at the table made the comment,
"But you're not in the pictures."
What does Johnie do in a case like this?
He performs the awful selfie.
"Yes I am, see?"
But we are both caught extremely happy.

 One of my favorite treats during the holiday is pickled eggs and beets.
Very simple to make.
I can tell you it's simple because I cheated.
Yup, I bought my pickled beets and dropped the hard boiled eggs in.
One of my favorite pickled beets is, Aunt Nellie's.
 You don't even have to tell anyone you cheated.
If someone comments on the great taste and flavor,
just say, "Thank You".
Family recipe secret.......

See Ya'all Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.