Monday, November 24, 2014

Italian Baked Chicken

 I know our posts have been very few here lately.
But as long as we connect with you as we can, 
I think everything will be okay.
Per our work schedule we know that people cannot
cook every day of the week.
That is what leftovers are for.

Right?

Right!

I have been traveling for my job which leaves my cooking
days limited.
But I always try and leave Johnie with something he can 
pack in his work lunch.
And even eat at home if he needs to.
I threw together this Italian baked chicken last week.
I will share with you what I do to prepare this.
 I used to make this a lot when my kids were growing up.
I always mixed up the spices so it never tasted the same.
I had three chicken leg quarters, which is more than enough
for Johnie and I.

I started with a half of a stick of butter.
I placed it in a foil lined baking dish big enough to hold three
chicken leg quarters.
I placed 1 1/2 TBS garlic powder on top of the butter.
 While the oven was preheating to 350 degrees F. I placed the pan in the oven.
The butter and garlic powder melted together.
It's okay if the garlic powder browns.
Everything is going to bake anyway.
The chicken leg quarters that I purchased were already seasoned with
Italian seasoning.
But it wasn't enough for me.
After the butter melted I rolled the chicken pieces in it.
I got them good and coated and then added more Italian seasoning.
I baked the chicken for an hour.

See Ya'all Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.