Monday, December 1, 2014

Pumpkin Crunch Cake & The Weekend

 Did you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving?
We sure did!
But I got so caught up in the moment of having all of 
our children here together that I forgot all about the camera.
It took us six hours to prepare our meal,
and only eight minutes for everyone to destroy it.

I realized I forgot to capture our Thanksgiving the next morning.
So I quickly snapped some pictures while the grand kids
were destroying Grandma's pumpkin bread French Toast.
 This is sweet baby Tristan.
I say baby lightly.....
He is growing so fast and will soon be ONE.
 He was going to town on the French Toast.
 This is bedhead Lydia.
She is such a little helper with baby Tristan.

Johnie and I continued our Thanksgiving into Sunday.
The three heaping plates of Thanksgiving food,
and sixteen servings of dessert just wasn't enough.
We headed out Sunday at noon to visit one of our 
favorite eating spots.

 I had the Prime Ribeye Steak,
 and Johnie ordered the Alaskan Steak.
His steak was topped with crab meat and mushrooms 
with a really yummy white sauce.
 One of the perks of knowing the manager personally is,
he allowed us to walk the hotel lobby and restaurant to 
see all the Christmas decorations.
It was absolutely beautiful!
Ceiling high Christmas trees,
Christmas accents on banisters, and mantels.
Definitely gets you in the mood for Christmas.
And I finally snapped a shot of their famous people
"guest list"

Did you happen to see Marilyn Monroe is listed there?

 Johnie and I stole the opportunity to snap some selfies with Christmas 
in the background.
I played around with the picture and made it look like a personalized
Christmas card. 
 Here are some of the decorations in the hotel restaurant.
I would love to reserve for our family Christmas celebration this year.
Or maybe next year.


 I can't believe Johnie photo-bombed Santa.....
But that's Johnie.
He is fun like that all the time....


 Now as far as the Pumpkin Crunch Cake goes....
Definitely delicious!
This recipe came from Flour Me With Love.
The only thing I did differently is,
I drizzled some vanilla icing over the cake 
while it was still slightly warm.
All you have to do is visit the Flour Me With Love link
and you will find a fantastic holiday recipe.

See Ya'all Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.