Friday, November 7, 2014

November 3rd & Gooey Pumpkin Roll Bars

 November 3rd is the mark of Johnie and I's first full year together.
I thought I would share one of our "best memories" picture.
I love this picture of us.
And that day was full of adventure.
This photo captures the perfect ending.
The past year has been so wonderful.
Full of adventure,
romance,
fun,
and lots of love.
We are both looking forward to many more years together.

We were not able to be together on our special day,
so I did the next best thing.
I made Johnie a sweet treat.
 The inspiration for this recipe came from Chef In Training.
When I run across cake mix recipes I try and use what I have in my cupboard
instead of running out and buying the exact ingredients.
My creation was turned into Gooey Pumpkin Roll Bars.
I had a box of Pumpkin Caramel Delight
and a French Vanilla cake mix.
Perfect match!
Just like Johnie and I.
 Of course,
Johnie loved them,
and so did all of his co-workers......
 With the cream cheese mixture on top these tasted just like a pumpkin roll.
And there is no rolling involved.
I used the caramel packet in the Pumpkin Delight box just 
to dress them up a bit.
Then I sprinkled on chopped pecans.
Gooey Pumpkin Roll Bars

1 box Pumpkin Delight cake mix
1/2 box French Vanilla cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg

Using a mixter, mix these ingredients together and press into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Using the same mixer:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. powdered sugar

Mix these together until smooth. Spread over unbaked crust.
Place in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Mine used the entire 30 minutes.
Let it cool completely and drizzle the caramel packet over the bars. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.

See Ya'all Soon

1 comment:

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.