Monday, January 25, 2016

Caramelized Onion Chicken

Is there anything better than caramelized onion?
I think not!
This recipe turned out so good.
And please don't freak-out over the amount of bacon grease that was used. 
It's all good!
Bacon, that is.....
This chicken had all the bacon, onion flavor that one can only die for.
It also had just a tad bit of heat.
The good heat, not the bad.
My soon to be 2 year old grandson loved it.
And I think this would be a restaurant worthy dish.
Let me see if I can put this together for you.

Caramelized Onion Chicken

5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 c. bacon grease (I keep my leftover grease in a glass jar in the fridge)
1 onion, sliced thin, then rings cut in half
1 TBS smoked paprika
1 TBS oregano
A sprinkle of red pepper flakes
A sprinkle of garlic powder
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
Caramelize onion in bacon grease until it is nice golden brown color. Add spices and stir.
Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place in a foil lined pan. Place the onion mixture evenly on top of the chicken breast, along with any liquid left in the skillet. Place in preheated oven for 45 minutes. 
I served mine with cooked pasta and corn.

See Ya'all Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.