Monday, April 20, 2015

Italian Ranch Fried Chicken


 I ran across this recipe posted on Facebook.
It looked and sounded so good.
I just had to try it.
But mine didn't look anything like the picture on Facebook.
Maybe it's because I used boneless skinless chicken thighs 
instead of the boneless skinless chicken breast.
All you need is four ingredients:
Chicken (8 chicken thighs)
Ranch dressing (1/2 bottle)
Italian bread crumbs (enough to coat all the chicken)
3 more TBS of Italian seasoning (mix with bread crumbs)

Oh and,
Oil for frying
 I decided to prep all the chicken so I could just drop it in the hot oil.
 And I ended up with Frankenstein fingers.
I wasn't to happy with the way the chicken fried up.
As you can see the breading fell off in spots.
And it made my oil crumby.
I used about 3/4 to 1 inch of oil in a small skillet.
I heated it up over med heat. 
When the oil was hot enough I started dropping in my chicken.
I browned the chicken about 4 minutes on each side.
Be careful when you flip it. 
Do it slowly or all the breading will fall off.
This was good.
But I don't think it will be a go-to recipe for the future.
Johnie liked it.
And we made sandwiches with it.
A little mayo and broccoli sprouts on a bun.

See Ya'all Soon!

1 comment:

  1. It looks good, I like that I can use gluten free bread crumbs, ranch in a bottle-gluten free, and although I can't use the dry Italian dressing I could add my own seasonings. But, perhaps I would bake it. I would hate for the breading to fall off. Or, I'll just take your suggestion and forget about it!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.