Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bacon Wrapped Sirloin Lamb Chops

Johnie and I are suckers for grocery store sales.
We ran across this manager's special on lamb sirloin chops.
I (Angie) have never been brave enough to try lamb.
We purchased the chops and stuck them in the freezer.
Every time I opened the freezer I was face to face with these chops.
I finally decided the do a Google search to see how different
blogs and food sites prepare them.
I found this recipe at Allrecipes. I mixed it up a bit by adding bacon.
 This is all it takes to prepare them.
Worcestershire Sauce
Eggs
Bacon
Toasted Bread Crumbs
Pretty simple?
Yeah?
 I only had three chops, so the eggs could probably be cut back to 2.
I wrapped each chop with one slice of thick cut bacon.
I mixed three eggs with 3 TBS Worcestershire sauce.
I dumped about a cup of toasted bread crumbs in a bowl.
I rolled the wrapped chops in the egg mixture.
(make sure you hold on tight to the bacon)
Then I rolled them in the bread crumbs.
I placed them in a glass baking dish,
and placed them in a preheated 375 degree F. oven.
They baked for 20 minutes.
I flipped them over and baked for another 20 minutes.
When they were done I placed them under the broiler (on high)
for 1 minute just to crisp up the bacon a bit.
 My first attempt at trying lamb was a very good one.
To describe the taste for you......
I don't want to scare you away from these.
They are very good.
But the taste of the lamb was close to the taste of a mild beef liver.
And we all know that liver is a delicate issue.
Liver can be very good if it is cooked right.
I think lamb falls in that category too.
I'm glad I chose this recipe for my first try at lamb.
Make sure you try this one.
It is great! 


See ya'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.