Thursday, April 9, 2015

Banana Bread Snack Cake

 Ask anyone who knows me well.....
I'm not a big fan of banana bread.
But this snack cake is the bomb.
 There are so many different things you can do with this cake.
In the past I have topped it with a caramel glaze.
But this time I decided to drizzle it with cream cheese frosting.
Johnie is a sweets freak.
And he loves cake.
So I threw this together for our Easter dessert.
The recipe came from a good friend of mine.
She said it is one of her family's favorites.
And has quickly become one of ours.
Banana Bread
1/2 c. Crisco
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 c. mashed bananas (I used 2 and 1/2 bananas)
1 1/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

My additions: 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (stirred in at the end), 1 tsp. vanilla extract (mixed with wet ingredients), cream cheese frosting, more walnuts to sprinkle on top.

There were no preparation directions with this recipe, so I just combined as I thought it should be. Mix dry ingredients together. Blend Crisco, sugar, eggs, and banana, and mix in dry ingredients. Pour batter into a 9x9x2 greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes. Mine was closer to 35.

See Ya'all Soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeh...right up my taste bud alley..printing and pinning....making soon. Gotta get me some brown bananas...=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the most moist banana cake I have ever had. I love making this over and over.

      Delete

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.