Monday, February 23, 2015

Nutella Frosting


 What have you been doing with your time during this long cold winter?
Johnie and I decided to hibernate with a puzzle.
And CAKE! 
We have been spending the weekends working on this "Say Cheese" puzzle.
Last weekend Johnie said out loud.... "I want cake!"
So to the kitchen we went.
He also said, "I'll make the cake if you make the frosting,"
Because we work awesome as a team like that.
When Johnie makes his boxed cakes he always uses mayonnaise 
in place of the oil. 
And since we were both raised in Northwest Ohio
we eat cake in a bowl with milk over it.
 But what was I going to do for frosting?
I started searching the pantry.
No peanut butter.....
No tub of store bought frosting.....
But I found a container of Nutella.
I decided to see what I could create with Nutella.
Now when I make frosting I usually just dump.
But I'm going to do my best to get this into print for you.
You can make your own adjustments as you go.
Ignore the Christmas sprinkles. 
We just wanted to dress it up a bit.
Nutella Frosting

1/2 c. butter room temp
1/2 c. nutella
Place these two ingredients in a mixing bowl. With electric mixer and whip attachment, whip the two ingredients until creamy.
Slowly add 3-4 c. powdered sugar. Whip until combined. Slowly thin with chocolate milk (maybe 2-3 TBS) while mixer is running. This frosting turned out almost like a whipped cream frosting. It was so light and fluffy. And the nutella flavor was awesome on the cake.

See Ya'all Soon

2 comments:

  1. Sounds incredible! I will have to show this to Georgia, she loves to eat Nutella with a spoon, so I am sure she will love this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.