Monday, November 16, 2015

Bacon Bombs!

 Have you ever tried something that you just have to have more of?
These little babes are one of those "something".
We call these Bacon Bombs.
Oh, Bite It calls them Bang Bang Bacon Balls.
The original recipe can be found here.
While you are there, take a look around and 
see what else you can find.
After making these meatballs I will be visiting
Oh, Bite It! more often.
 And everyone loves bacon!
I bet Benjamin Buford Blue (My friends call me Bubba)   
could go on and on with bacon dishes,
just like he did with shrimp dishes.
But anyway,
These little things are the bomb!
I made a few changes of my own.
This is what I did:

Bacon Bombs!

Fully cooked frozen meatballs (I used Schwan's)
1 lb. thick sliced bacon
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 TBS honey
1/4 c. GFS (Gordon's Food Service) BBQ sauce
2 TBS hot sauce of your choice
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 dash red pepper flakes
Toothpicks

Wrap a slice of bacon around each meatball until bacon is all used up. Secure bacon with toothpick.
In a small saucepan add sauce ingredients. Just heat until everything is mixed together. It doesn't have to be super hot. Dip each bacon wrapped meatball in the sauce and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Mine took 45 minutes, and I turned them every 15 minutes.

Since these little beauties were very rich tasting, I served them with mashed potatoes and a veggie.


1 comment:

  1. These tasty bites look awesome and amazing! I make something similar and they always go fast.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.