Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Some Mediterranean For YOU

 How many of you are die-hard Mediterranean food fans?
I am one!
I think Johnie can live without it,
but whenever I can bring the Mediterranean into our kitchen I am
happy
happy
happy
I found this wonderful pasta mix at our local Aldi's Supermarket.
I love shopping at Aldi's.
Their products are unique and you never know what 
they will supply for you.
I was shopping there before the holiday and ran across these
lovely peaches.
Aren't they beautiful?
They had all different flavors.
This one is flavored with vanilla.
But let's get back to the Mediterranean.....
This is what I did:
I cut up two boneless skinless chicken breasts.
I browned them on a cast iron skillet with 
olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
 The seasoning packet that was attached to the pasta is very simple to make.
Just add 1 c. of water and boil until the water disappears.
I added about 1/4 c. of kalamata olives while the seasonings were boiling.
 Boil the pasta in salted water for 15 minutes.
Add the pasta to the cooked seasoning mix.
Add 4 TBS olive oil and stir.
 Top your pasta with browned chicken and you have
a meal to die for......
Definitely Mediterranean all the way.
 I also ran across this new item from Kraft.
I topped the pasta dish with some of this 
and it just added more to the FANTASTIC.
Make a trip to your local Aldi's and see what you can find.

See Ya'all Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Don't be afraid to leave one.